WiFi Dilemma

For a long time now, I've been having trouble with the wireless internet reaching my room. The thing is distance is not the issue but I guess it's the amount of walls from the router to my room. My brother can connect from his room adjacent to mine without any effort and you can also connect from the tiny corridor between his room and mine but as soon as you enter my room the signal is lost just like that. I've tried various things to fix it, got a new router with a stronger signal, kept moving the router upwards till the cables just snapped out of their sockets and anything that came to mind but to no avail. The farthest along I ever got was a signal at my room door.

Last night I was surfing through Life Hacker when I came across this, a DIY homemade WiFi extender. I instantly printed the template got some glue and scissors and started working on it.





And after 10-15 minutes of work, I just point that little antenna at my room and to my surprise it actually worked! I now have a fluctuating signal throughout my entire room. I will go ahead and attempt to make one double that size to see if I could get a more stable signal but still, how cool is the fact that instead of heading to Smart Buy to purchase a 70 JD WiFi booster, I was able to do it with some cardboard and a piece of aluminum paper.

2 Responses to “WiFi Dilemma”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I'm gonna be trying that =)

    -Nadine  

  2. # Blogger omery15

    Let me know how it turns out for you. :)  

Post a Comment